The use of ‘adviceabout.com’ website is subject to the terms and conditions itemised on this page. The terms may relate to services, transactions, and external links to third party websites.
Website Users and ‘adviceabout.com’
We maintain the website ‘www.adviceabout.com’ for personal use and for viewing by all internet visitors and users.
Access and use of this site constitutes acceptance to the full terms and conditions which take effect from the date of first use.
Note: We at ‘Advice About’ do not create or enforce any rules or regulations. All content is available under the Open Government Licence v3.0 (except where stated otherwise).
Who are the Advice About Team?
Our parent company ‘The UK Rules‘ oversees the operation which includes a team of writers and a research department. The aim is to provide information and clarity on a range of categories and topics.
Using The Advice About Website
You agree to use ‘adviceabout.com’ only for lawful purposes. You must also use it in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by anyone else.
We update ‘adviceabout.com’ as a continuous process. We can choose to change or remove content at any time and without advance notice.
Services and Transactions
You can use ‘adviceabout.com’ to access online government services and transactions (e.g. GOV.UK Verify). As such, some of these services have their own terms and conditions which also apply.
Linking to ‘adviceabout.com’
We welcome and encourage other websites to link to www.adviceabout.com. But, you must contact us to get permission if you want to (either):
- Associate or endorse your website with adviceabout.com
- Charge your website’s users to click on a link to any page on www.adviceabout.com
Links from ‘adviceabout.com’
We have no control over the content on websites managed by other organisations. Thus, we hold no responsibility for:
- The protection of any information you give to these websites.
- Any loss or damage that may come from your use of these websites (or any other websites that they link to).
- Using ‘adviceabout.com’ website means you agree to release us from any claims or disputes that may come from using external sites. You should read all terms and conditions, privacy policies, and end user licences that relate to these websites before using them.
The Advice About Disclaimer
We make every effort to keep ‘adviceabout.com’ up to date and accurate. But, we do not provide any guarantees, conditions or warranties that the information will be:
- Free from bugs or viruses
Note: You should always get professional or specialist advice before doing anything on the basis of the content of ‘adviceabout.com’.
Losses and Damages
We hold no liability for any loss or damage that may come from using ‘adviceabout.com’. This includes:
- Any direct, indirect or consequential losses.
- Any loss or damage caused by civil wrongs (‘tort’, including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- The use of ‘adviceabout.com’ and any websites that are linked to or from it.
- The inability to use ‘adviceabout.com’ and any websites that are linked to or from it.
This would apply even if the loss or damage was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things, or you advised us that it might happen. This includes (but is not limited to) the loss of your:
- Income or revenue
- Salary, benefits or other payments
- Profits or contracts
- Anticipated savings
- Goodwill or reputation
- Tangible property
- Intangible property, including loss, corruption or damage to data or any computer system
- Wasted management or office time
Requesting the Removal of Content
You can make a request for content to be removed from ‘adviceabout.com’ and we will remove any content:
- In order to comply with data protection legislation covering the rights and freedoms of individuals.
- If it breaches copyright laws, contains sensitive personal data or material that may be considered obscene or defamatory.
Please contact us to request the removal of any content. You must send us the web address (URL) of the content and explain why you think it needs removing. We would respond and inform you whether we will, or can, remove it.
We remove content at our discretion in discussion with the department or agency responsible for it. You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
Information about Your Visits to ‘adviceabout.com’
We make every effort to check and test ‘adviceabout.com’ for viruses at every stage of production. You must make sure that the way you use ‘adviceabout.com’ does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which can damage your computer system.
We are not responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that might happen when you use ‘adviceabout.com’.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute you have which relates to these terms and conditions, or your use of ‘adviceabout.com’ (whether it be contractual or non-contractual), will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
Please check these terms and conditions regularly. We may update them at any time without notice. You will agree to any changes if you continue to use ‘adviceabout.com’ after the terms and conditions have been updated.
Advice About Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated 2018